What are Nurse Practitioners & Nurse Midwives?
Advanced practice registered nurses with higher level nursing degrees and certifications
- perform well checkups and sick visits
- prescribe medications, therapies, and medical equipment
- order and interpret labs and diagnostic tests
Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- serve newborn through 18-21 years
- diagnose and treat common childhood illness and disease, e.g., ear infections and asthma
- provide guidance for childhood health concerns and safety, e.g., obesity, ADHD, and mental health
- serve adolescence through menopause years and healthy newborn up to 28 days
- diagnose and treat sexual, reproductive, and gynecologic problems
- provide care during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum period including family planning services and preconception care
Join our AfterBirth family today!